Recommended Attractions (2014 Winter)
Look no further if you need more information for your trip to Korea this winter. It’s winter in Korea, so let it snow!
Deogyusan Ski Resort (formerly Muju Resort)
Deogyusan Ski Resort (formerly Muju Resort) is part of Mount Deogyu National Park, and is one of Korea’s most famous mountain peak ski resorts. Every year, the Muju Resort hosts the Fun Ski & Snow Festival.
Website : www.mdysresort.com/e_index.asp
Location : Simgok-ri, Seolcheon-myeon, Muju-gun, Jeollabuk-do
Yongpyong is one of the top Ski Resort in Korea, hosting Fun Ski Festival every year. It’s a four-season resort with ski slopes, golf courses, hotels and water park and is open all year round. Free admission to the resort. Admission fees separately charged for each facility.
1. From Incheon Airport, get to Gimpo Airport and take Purple Ski Bus by Grace Travel (firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-2-335-5889)
2. From Incheon Airport, get to Seoul station and take Ski Shuttle Bus by Hana tours (email@example.com, +82-32-741-3139(3140))
3. From Jamsil Lotte in Seoul, take Purple Ski Bus by Grace Travel (firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-2-335-5889)
High 1 Ski Resort
The four season resort opens daily all year round, around the clock but ski season is from mid November to early March. Free admission to the resort, but admission fees are charged separately for each facility. Hosting GoGo Ski Festivals each winter, High 1 Ski Resort offers 4.2km long, 40m wide ski slopes with a sled park of 25m wide and 110m long..
1. From Cheongryangri station, take the train to Gohan Station (Mugunghwa train) (3hr 30min) – http://www.korail.com
2. From Incheon Airport, you can buy a ticket at the bus ticket office and take a bus to Taebaek at 9C(1F). Get off at Gohan/Sabuk Bus Terminal, and take a taxi to High1 Resort. Cost about KRW8,000
3. Take an intercity bus from Dong Seoul Bus terminal (Gangbyeon Subway Station Exit #4) to Singohan Bus Terminal. From the bus terminal take a taxi to High1 resort.
2. Gwanghwamun Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 2.
Travel time: 35min
Travel time: 30min
Visitors can try out ice fishing, and those who are feeling brave can try to catch mountain trout with their bare hands in this festival.
Inje Ice Fish Festival
Visitors will be able to try out ice fishing and exciting games such as human bowling on ice, ice soccer and even tug of war on ice.
Location : Nam-myeon, Inje-gun, Gangwon-do
Taebaek Snow Festival
Snow Sculpture Contest, the doctor fish footbath tubs, snow sledding, Siberian husky-pulled dog sledding and the Old-fashioned Winter Playground.
Location : Taebaek-si, Gangwon-do
Special weekend shuttle buses and events available at the start of the Eorimok Trail on Halla Mountain from December through to January. Includes sledding and ski experience. Free admission for all.
Location : Eorimok Trail, Hallasan, Jeju