Seoul International Fireworks Festival 2019
Seoul International Fireworks Festival (SIFF) is definitely one of the significant festivals in Korea ever since its first launched in the year 2000 with the aim of wishing for peace and harmony. On the day of this festival, over 1.2 million people will be flooding to Yeouido Hangang Park to experience a thrilling showcase of fireworks in the city, and various events and performances will be held from day to night such as art exhibition from global artists, flea market zone, etc.
Hanwha Corporation, which is the main host for this event will sketch Korea’s night sky with more than 100,000 blasts of vivid fireworks on top of Han River and in sync with the multimedia show of 63 Square. For more info, visit the SIFF official website.
- Date: 30 September – 5 October 2019
- Firework starting time: 7:30 pm
- Location: Yeouido Hangang Park, Seoul
- Transportation: Yeouinaru Station (Seoul Subway Line 5) Exit 3, Shuanggang Station (Seoul Subway Line 9) Exit 3 or Daebang Station (Seoul Subway Line 1) Exit 6.
Best spots to view the fireworks beside of Yeouido Hangang Park
- Sayuksin Park (situated in the middle of Hangang bridge and Norangjin Station where you can see the fireworks and the 63 building together)
- 63 Building (perfect for couples who want to enjoy the fireworks in a quiet place and having a dinner)
- Seonyudo Park
- Nodeul Island
- Ichon Hangang Park (opposite side of Yeouido Hangang Park)
- Namsan Park (farthest place to watch the fireworks but less crowded as well)
Tips for those who are going to SIFF
- Be there early (around 4 pm) to get a good spot in the park.
- Travel on the subway. The area will be partially blocked to traffic after 5 pm.
- Bring a long sleeve jacket or T-shirt in the case of mosquitoes.
- Get yourself a Chimaek (chicken & beer) while waiting or enjoying the firework display.
Experience the festival to the fullest!