[MICE News] Brand New Hotels to Explore in Korea
Planning for your long overdue trip? Deciding for an accommodation during business or leisure trip can be quite an intricate task for anyone, regardless of the travel purpose or destination. However, fret not, finding for an accommodation in Korea can be quite easy as we offer various options from international and local chain hotel brands, boutique hotels, guesthouses, and even the ever-charming Hanokstay.
For business travellers and event planners especially, location and connectivity are often deemed as gruesome concerns, and whether the hotel is well-equipped with facilities for meeting and networking purposes for your client. We are excited to show you some of upcoming development and newly established international and local chain hotels for your future stay in South Korea.
Recently Opened Hotel Properties
SIGNIEL Busan (Opened June 17th 2020)
LOTTE’s luxury brand, SIGNIEL, has recently launched their second location in Busan, right in the heart of Haeundae district. Located strategically in the 101-storey tall LCT Tower complex, it will be the second tallest building in Korea after the LOTTE Tower Seoul. It offers 260 luxurious guest rooms facing the spectacular beach of Haeundae and 561 residence concept rooms with an urban entertainment complex at the base, housing a shopping mall, a hot spring spa, and a water park facility. The landmark LCT Tower will house both luxury residential and hotel with a convention centre and an observatory at the top floor so that you can enjoy the view of Busan city!
- Room information: 260 room ranging from Grand Deluxe to Suite type.
- Meeting space information: Grand Ballroom space with the largest LED screen in Busan, along with the maximum capacity of 600 pax (banquet setting), 1,200 pax (reception setting).
- Address: SIGNIEL BUSAN, 30, Dalmaji-gil, Jung-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea
- Phone number: +82-51-922-1000
- Website: www.lottehotel.com/busan-signiel/
*Photos courtesy of SIGNIEL Busan
Courtyard by Marriot Suwon (Opened January 2020)
It’s the second property of Courtyard by Marriot in Korea and we were highly anticipating the opening of this hotel due to its great proximity to the Suwon Convention Center. Located within 6 minutes from Gwanggyo Jungang Station and 30 minutes from Gangnam Station, the hotel is interconnected with Suwon Convention Center and Galleria Department Store. It features 288 rooms including suites and multi-functional spaces for business meeting and special events purposes.
- Room information: 288 rooms ranging from Premier to Deluxe Suite type: 224 (Single)/ 64 (Twin)/ 23 (Suites).
- Meeting space information: Lake Park Ballroom space with the maximum capacity of 180 pax (banquet setting), 300 pax (reception setting).
- Address: 320, Gwanggyohosugongwon-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon, South Korea
- Phone number: +82 31-267-5600
- Website: www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/selcw-courtyard-suwon/
*Photos courtesy of Courtyard by Marriot Suwon
Andaz Seoul Gangnam (Opened September 2019)
Fancy of the thought of staying in Gangnam district? Directly connected to Apgujeong metro station in Seoul, Andaz Seoul Gangnam is just a short stroll from affluent Apgujeong and Cheongdam neighbourhoods where you can explore and indulge in luxury fashion and beauty, art museums and culinary delights. Marked as the fourth property in Asia under Andaz brand, Hyatt’s luxury lifestyle hotel brand curates youthful lifestyle inspired by ‘glocalization’.
It offers 241 contemporary and stylish guestrooms along with four flexible event spaces that can cater to anything from your small meeting or networking event to your grand wedding in Korea.
- Room information: The hotel and serviced residences will feature 563 rooms and suites.
- Meeting venue information: Beyond The Glass ballroom space can accommodate up to 190 pax (banquet setting), 290 pax (reception setting).
- Address: 854 Nonhyeon-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea, 06022
- Phone number: +82 2 2193 1234
- Website: www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/south-korea/andaz-seoul-gangnam/selaz
*Photos courtesy of Andaz Seoul Gangnam
Soon to Open Hotel Properties
Mercure Ambassador Seoul Hongdae (Scheduled to open in August 2020)
What else would be exciting other than staying in the most hipster and trendy district in Seoul? Accor is launching another of its Mercure Ambassador brand in Seoul which boasts a great location and connectivity in the hippest youth-centric area of Hongdae. It is located within 2-minute walk to Hongik University Station (Line 2, Exit 9) and another 10-minute walk to the line of AREX Hongik University station, which will connect you instantly to both Incheon International Airport and Gimpo International Airport. The hotel features 270 contemporary rooms with premium bedding as well as other modern top-notch facilities in the hotel.
- Room information: 270 guest rooms ranging from Standard to Junior Suite room.
- Meeting venue information: 2 types of meeting room and the biggest one can accommodate for 40 pax (banquet setting).
- Address: 144 Yanghwa-ro, Mapo-gu, 04050 Seoul Korea
- Phone number: +82 2 3774 1101
- Website: https://all.accor.com/hotel/B696/
*Photos courtesy of Accor
Mondrian Seoul Itaewon (Scheduled to open in August 2020)
Can’t get enough of the Itaewon Class K-drama? Plan your upcoming visit in Korea by staying at this truly chic and contemporary hotel, Mondrian Seoul Itaewon. Inspired by multi-cultural vibe and bustling yet global affluent of the Itaewon neighbourhood, the hotel is set to open their doors and welcome all guests starting this summer.
- Room information: 296 guest rooms ranging from Standard to Executive Suite room.
- Meeting venue information: 9 types of meeting rooms and the biggest Grand Ballroom can accommodate for 440 pax (banquet setting).
- Address: 23, Jangmun-ro, Yongsan-gu, 04392 Seoul, Korea
- Phone number: +82 2 2076 2000
- Website: https://all.accor.com/hotel/B771/
*Photos courtesy of Accor
Grand Hyatt Jeju (Scheduled to open in September 2020)
Located in the romantic island of Jeju, the hotel is situated approximately 3 km from the Jeju International Airport and it is deemed to be the largest Hyatt property in Asia Pacific and second largest Grand Hyatt hotel in the world. It features 1,600 guest rooms, 11 F&B facilities, two premium spas with each specifically evincing on Korean and Western style, foreigner-only premium casino, observation deck and outdoor swimming pool, and a state-of-art shopping mall located at the core of the complex. They projected to officially open their doors by September 2020.
- Room information: Single (860 rooms)/ Twin (607 rooms)/ Suites (133 rooms).
- Meeting space information: 8 banquet space venues with the maximum capacity of 180 pax (banquet setting), 225 pax (cocktail reception setting).
- Address: 925 Nohyeong-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea, 63082
- Phone number: +82 64 907 1234
- Website: www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/south-korea/grand-hyatt-jeju/
*Photos courtesy of Grand Hyatt Jeju
Fairmont Ambassador Seoul @ Yeouido IFC (Scheduled to open in late 2020)
Set in the financial district of Yeouido in western part of Seoul, the hotel will feature 326 luxurious rooms, a rooftop terrace, spa, fitness centre, pool, conference hall and four restaurants and a bar. You can enjoy a casual picnic with your colleagues or a romantic stroll with your partner as it is situated adjacent to the beautiful Hangang Yeouido Park. The hotel is currently built as part of integrated development by Parc 1 project that will comprise of a retail mall and two corporate towers, and will be situated within five to ten minute-walk to both Yeouido and Yeouinaru train stations.
*Photo courtesy of Accor
Upcoming Hotel Development Projects
Sofitel Hotel & Serviced Residences Seoul (Scheduled to open in 2021)
It’s another luxury brand of Accor and the first Sofitel ever to be built in Korea. Slated to be constructed in 2021 in the district of Songpa-gu in Seoul, the hotel will be located adjacent to Jamsil subway station and overlooking the Seokchon Lake Park, which is nearby to the famous LOTTE World Tower complex. The property will boast an inimitable vantage point for leisure and business travellers as they will have an easy access to the neighbouring business district of Gangnam.
MGallery by Sofitel Seoul @ Mapo (Scheduled to open in 2022)
Located in Mapo-gu, the hotel will be built overlooking the Hangang River, hence offering a fancy picturesque view of the Yeouido city skyline to the travellers. Mapo-gu is often the number one preferred location to stay for younger travellers as the district boasts plenty of cool hangout spots, especially in Hongdae and Mangwon-dong. Mapo subway station is just within a five-minute walk from the hotel for an easy access to any of the central business districts, shopping malls, and local attraction sites in the Seoul city area. It will feature 326 luxurious rooms as well as an outdoor swimming pool and meeting spaces for weddings, conferences and events.
*Photo courtesy of Accor
While things remain uncertain for now, we hope that you can make use of this time and the new accommodation and travel information provided by us for your future trip planning to Korea soon 😊