KTO Will Be Joining MATTA Fair KL March 2019
Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) once again will be participating in the largest scaled consumers’ travel fair in Malaysia, MATTA Fair KL, with another 8 exhibitors from Korea consisting of regional tourism provinces and local service providers. Together, we will promote Korea as the top travel destinations among Malaysians, highlighting various tourist destinations in Korea for the Spring Season. Our 3-days itineraries are filled up with lots of exciting games and prizes, so do drop by KTO booth in MATTA Fair KL!
Period: 15 – 17 March 2019 (10am – 9pm)
Venue: Booth No (1137 – 1160) @ Hall 1, Dewan Tun Razak, PWTC
KTO Gift Redemptions For Korea Tour Package Buyer
KTO will be giving away some special gifts to Korea Tour Package buyer (Full/Ground) who bought the package at the venue of MATTA Fair KL March 2019 (no online booking will be accepted). 1-person booking is entitled to 1 gift, while stocks last.
- Korea Tour Package buyer (Full/Ground): Limited Edition Korea Tote Bag and Pouch set
- Korea Muslim Package buyer: KTO Muslim Prayer Mat
- Korea Tour Package inclusive of Jeju Island (min 2 nights stay): Eco straw and cutlery set
Korean Traditional Music Performance By Ayageum
Kayakeum or gayageum is a traditional musical instrument made of a zither board with 12 silk strings, 12 movable bridges, and a convex upper surface. In old days, the instrument was only played in the palace for the king or learned by the nobleman, but today, it is widely played in the orchestra performance as a solo instrument and also the harmony parts. In this MATTA Fair KL, KTO will invite Ayageum, new face of kayakeum female player from Korea to perform Korean drama OST on stage. Check out Ayageum’s YouTube channel for more lovely covers.
Korean Makeup Demonstration By Emily Quak
Following Korean Wave (Hallyu), K-beauty is also one of the leading trends in Asia, where popular K-pop groups like Blackpink, Red Velvet, 2NE1 and more are regularly referred for their makeup and outfit inspirations. Emily Quak, a popular Malaysian beauty YouTuber will be sharing her beauty and makeup tips on KTO stage for the MATTA Fair KL visitors. She has been active on YouTube since year 2008 and up to date, she has accumulated over 80,000 subscribers. Check out Emily’s YouTube channel for more makeup tutorials and product reviews.
“What Kind of Instagrammer Are You” Contest
MATTA Fair KL visitors are welcomed to participate in the What Kind of Instagrammer Are You contest. Just choose one type of Instagrammer photo prop that best describes you (6 choices include Beauty, Fashion, Costume, Café, Travel & Hallyu), take a photo with the prop at the contest photo zone and upload on to your Instagram with caption “My ideal travel course in Korea as a ____ Instagrammer is ____” and hashtags #KTOMalaysia and #KTOInstaCantik. Don’t forget to tag @kto_malaysia!
Most creative photos and captions will win one of the following prizes. Stay tuned to KTO Malaysia website for the winner announcement on 29 March 2019 (Fri).
- Grand prize: One Pair of Return Flight Tickets to Korea x 1 winner
- Special prize: Skin Care Set x 10 winners
Terms and Conditions
- This contest is open to all visitors of MATTA Fair KL March 2018, aged 18 years and above.
- The contest will be held from 15 – 17 March 2019 at KTO Booth, PWTC KL.
- Participant may submit multiple entries. However, only ONE (1) prize will be given to the winner of the Contest. Any additional prizes (if declared) will be automatically void.
- Winners for the Grand Prizes and Consolation Prizes are selected by the KTO Malaysia based on Creativity, Photography Quality and Overall Impression.
- Winners will be contacted via Instagram Direct Message no later than 29 March 2019.
- Prizes are non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered.
- KTO Malaysia is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed or undelivered entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- KTO Malaysia reserves the right to change the Entry Procedure, Prize and Terms and Conditions of the Contest at its sole discretion without any notice whatsoever.
- Participant is deemed to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions before submitting an entry or participating in the Contest.
Live Gangwon Travelogue Session By Celebrities
Pauline, May Ho, Chrystina Ng, Wayne Thong, Yvonne Chua and Kid Inn will come to KTO event stage during the MATTA Fair KL on 16 March (Saturday) at 4pm. These great 6 storytellers will share their Instagramic and winter experience to Gangwon, the wonderland of snow. Grab a chance to see and hear your favorite about their beautiful moments in Gangwon.
Photo Session With KTO Mascots
Saekdongi, the male KTO mascot, is always active, interested in everything and love to play pranks on people, while Chorongi, the female KTO mascot, is affectionate, a little shy, but always made laugh by Saekdongi’s pranks. Catch the cute KTO mascots at the upcoming MATTA Fair KL. Take a photo with them and hashtag #KTOMalaysia!
Hanbok Trial Experience
At KTO booth, visitors will get to try the Korean traditional costume, Hanbok for free. We have a variety of Hanbok designs for both man and woman, from typical Royal Hanbok to the colorful fusion-style Hanbok. You are welcome to try on the Hanbok, take lots of photo with our beautiful autumn backdrop and share them on your Facebook or Instagram. Participants who added the hashtag #KTOMalaysia in their posting will get a special gift from us in return! While stocks last.
Don’t miss out all the fun and freebies at KTO booth in MATTA Fair KL! Mark your calendar now and we see you there!