Go Boryeong! Play Mud!
The Boryeong Mud Festival is the most significant festival held annually in July of the all around. It is also one of the most foreigner-participating festivals awarded by the International Festivals and Event Association (IFEA). From the moment you take part in this festival, it is a joyful experience that allows everyone to participate without distinction of nationality, race, language, age, etc.
Date: 13 – 22 July 2018 (10 days)
Location: Daecheon Beach and Downtown
Host: Boryeong City
How to go: english.visitkorea.or.kr
The Boryeong Mud Festival is located 2 hours from the Seoul metropolitan area and it has convenient transport from anywhere in the country. You can visit both the Daecheon beach and the festival. Daecheon beach sands are composed of shall power (3.5 km long and 200 m wide). There are a variety of programs during the day and night of the festival period.
- Mud game
- Mud obstacle marathon
- Mud experience center (mud bath & mud massage)
- Mud kid’s land
- Opening ceremony & closing ceremony
- Mud mob scene
- World mud beauty festival
- Boryeong-si local music concert
- Hip-hop rave party
- EDM festival, etc.
- Mud-time character performance
- Fountain square open concert
- Korea’s tune, pungmul (folk music) experience
- Black eagles air force air show
- Boryeong mud festival photo exhibition
- Boryeong local products & handcrafted items sale exhibition
*Program details are subject to change and vary each year. Find more information at the official Boryeong Mud Festival webpage.