2018 Hansik Contest
2018 Hansik Contest is for everyone who loves cooking Korean food and meets the following criteria.
- Must be a Malaysian citizen
- Applicant’s parents cannot both be of Korean descent
- Applicant and his/her parents must never have had Korean nationality (Korean adoptees are eligible)
- Applicant must be able to travel to Korea in September with a valid passport
Pork-free Korean food that can be enjoyed by all Malaysians
1st Prize: RM 4,000 & Trip to Korea in September (Round-trip flight ticket, accommodation and travel expenses will be borne by the organizer)
2nd Prize: RM 2,000
3rd Prize: RM 1,000
A souvenir will be given to all participants.
When & Where
Date: Sunday, 5th August 2018
Time: 16:00~19:30 (Tentative)
Venue: LG2, Blue Atrium, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall (view on Google Map)
How to Participate
- Participants need to complete an application form with their name, a passport size photo, concept and recipe of entries and send it to email@example.com. Contest application form can be downloaded from the Korea Embassy website.
- To get bonus points (up to 5 points) at the contest, please include in the entry form the link of your cooking photos or cooking video clips such as YouTube or Facebook that show your Korean cooking recipe of any kind.
- Entry application will be closed on Wednesday, 25th July 2018 and late submission will not be considered.
- Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail following the completion of the document evaluation.
- Successful applicants will be invited to participate in the contest on 5th August 2018. In this case, extra documents may be required if necessary.
- Only ONE person per team.
- Participants must prepare food within 45 minutes and after that, each participant is to make a presentation for 3 minutes in terms of originality, globalization, passion for Korean food and culture.
- Food prepared by the participants must be the same as the recipe that they submitted in the entry form.
- 2 sets of a complete dish must be prepared – 1 for display and 1 for tasting.
- Equipment provided by the organizer is as follows: 1 worktable, 1 induction cooker (single burner), 1 chef apron, 1 chef hat, per team.
- Please bring pans and pots that work on the induction cooker. You are not allowed to bring your own portable gas cooker due to the safety issue.
- Participants must bring own water, cookware and food ingredients.
- The organizer will reimburse RM200 per team for the cost of food ingredients.
- Please note that the venue is not equipped with a kitchen sink, participants should prepare pre-washed food ingredients as there will be no water provided.
|16:00~16:10 (10 mins)||Briefing of contest program and judging criteria MC|
|16:10~16:55 (45 mins)||Cooking Contest – 1st Group||8 person in each group *1st Group should get everything prepared on the worktable beforehand|
|16:55~17:20 (25 mins)||Presentation by the 1st Group||3 minutes presentation by each team|
|17:20~17:30 (10 mins)||Clearing of worktable||*1st Group should immediately clear the worktable for the 2nd group to contest|
|17:30~18:15 (45 mins)||Cooking Contest – 2nd Group||8 person in each group *2nd Group must get prepared immediately after 1st Group presentation is over|
|18:15~18:40 (25 mins)||Presentation by the 2nd Group||3 minutes presentation by each team|
|18:40~19:00 (20 mins)||Judge Discussion|
|19:00~19:05 (5 mins)||Closing Remarks||Chairman of Judges|
|19:05~19:30 (25 mins)||Announcement of Result Award Presentation Photo Shooting|
*Time might be changed depending on the situation. Finalists will be informed in advance should there be any changes in the time schedule.
- Correct Preparation and Taste: Taste (35), Composition (15), Hygiene (10), Plating (5), Degree of Difficulty (5) – total 70 points.
- Presentation: Originality (10), Globalization (10), Passion for Korean Food & Culture (10) – total 30 points.
- Additional (Bonus) Points up to 5 points for those who meet the criteria.
- The decision of the judges is final.
Please send all iquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org / 03 4251 2336 (Ext 111)