2017 Jeju International Tourism Marathon Festival
Have you ever heard about running alongside the beautiful beach in Korea..??
Known as Jeju International Tourism Marathon Festival, let me share with you WHY you have to JOIN this marathon!
5 FAST FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT International Tourism Marathon in Jeju!
- Jeju International Tourism Marathon Festival is hosted by Jeju Special Self-Governing Province (Jeju Government) and it is a Jeju Representative Marathon!
- One of the oldest Marathon in Korea! This year 2017 remarks its 22 years of being held in Jeju!
- Out of 6,000 participants, more than 2,000 participants are foreigners! Obviously, this is reason why it is named as "International Tourism"!
- The best part of the marathon is! --->You can run along the most beautiful beaches in Jeju Island! Jeju has a lot of unique beach made of gradient of black, white, red and gray sand as well as famous black volcanic stone of Jeju Island! While running and selfie-ing around the beautiful scenery is an add point right??
- The most awaited one!!---> Special souvenir for Foreigner participants !! (which means we, Malaysians will get a special souvenir) ^^
Jeju Island is a volcanic island, which has been declared a natural heritage by UNESCO. The very special geography of Jeju Island consists of mountains (1950 m), volcanic cones (200 - 500 m) and coast area. Running through this beautiful scenery and exploring the nature will be a great experience. The details are as below:-
- Date: 21 May 2017 (10km walking course,10km shortened course, 21 km half course, 42km full course)
- Course(Along the coastal road): Gujwa life sports(Gimnyeong Beach)<-->Woljeong Beach(Turning point in the half course)<-->Sehwa Beach<-->Hado Beach<-->Hado Migrant Bird Habitat<-->1.1km from the Western Entrance of Jongdal Coastal Road(Turning point in Full Course)
- Registration: Through website http://www.jejumarathon.com/InfoOutline01.do?Lng=EN
- Deadline: before 2 May 2017
Participants will also receive a T-shirt, snack, water, gift, official race time, and seafood porridge for lunch after running!
*Timing chip will not be provided for Walking Course